April 22 & Oct 28, 2017
This spring, the Germania Volksmarch Gruppe is celebrating Earth Day! Walk with your friends for a 5k and 10k German-Style Hike.
This is a PUBLIC event, open to all.
- Nature lovers will enjoy our beautiful trails in Germania Park as well as the meadows, farmland, and rural roads.
- Great exercise for health enthusiasts.
- Fun for the whole family.
- Your dogs are welcome on the trail on a leash (but not in the Klubhaus).
Register between 9:00am and 12:30pm. Complete the walk no later than 4:00pm.
Have fun in our Klubhaus (and Biergarten, weather permitting) and join us for lunch, dessert, and libations, after the walk:
- Our resident German chef Iris and her helpers will be preparing and serving authentic German dishes, including: Goulash Soup, Potato Pancakes, Berlin-style Currywurst, Assorted Wursts, Sauerkraut, Hot Dogs, and Vegetarian Plates.
- Visit our Konditorei for delicious German pastries and try our Cream Puff Bar for the flavor of your choice: traditional, cherry, chocolate, and black forest.
- Full kitchen open 11:00am-4:30pm. (Coffee and some snacks available at 10:00am.) Carry-out available for all food.
- We are proud to have 8 German Biers on tap, as well as German wines.
- And stay to hear the famous Germania Jagdhornbläser Gruppe.
RECYCLING DROP OFF
In recognition of Earth Day, we invite you to drop off your aluminum cans, glass bottles, and paper products for recycling. We will have deposit containers available at the entrance to the Klubhaus.
When we recycle we: save natural resources, save space in our landfills, save energy, and reduce pollution. We thank you for your recyclables and so does Mother Earth!
COST: Walk $3.00 / Pin: $5.00
Please help spread the word!
Share our Facebook event by inviting your friends!