“Walking in a Wiener Wonderland”
The Germania Volksmarch Gruppe is celebrating Wieners and Wiener Dogs with a 5K and 10K Walk. A Volksmarch (people’s march) is a non-competitive leisurely walk along a marked trail. The goal of a Volksmarch is to develop physical fitness and good health and enjoy the camaraderie of fellow walkers.
Saturday October 22, 9:00am at Germania – Cost only $3, Pin $5
Everyone is welcome (you don’t have to be a member):
- Great exercise
- Enjoy the fresh air
- Enjoy nature
- Dogs — especially Dachshunds — welcome on a leash!
Join us for a lunch of authentic German food and beverages:
- Iris’s famous Schnitzel, sauerkraut, and goulash soup
- New!! Wiener Würstchen
- Freshly prepared salads
- Vegetarian plates
- Delicious pastries including cream puffs and strudel
- Wide variety of German Biers on tap, and Wein
- 9:00am-12:30pm — Registration for Walk.
- 10:30am — Pastries and coffee available for breakfast.
Bar open at this time featuring Bloody Marys and Salty Dogs.
Kitchen open with limited menu.
- 11:30am-4:30pm — Full kitchen open with a wide variety of German specialties. (You do not need to be a walker to have lunch.)
- 2:30pm — Wiener Dog Beauty Contest
For more information: visit the Volksmarch page, RSVP to the 2016 Fall Volksmarch Facebook event, email the Volksmarch Gruppe, call 513-825-1355, or check out the Germania Volksmarch Gruppe Facebook page.